08 March 2008

What Dreams May Come

*serious post warning--those who read this blog for entertainment purposes are advised to not proceed*

I'm in the middle of making two big decisions, and they're occupying my thoughts a substantial portion of the time.  

Last night I had a dream, and I think it was a result of these thoughts swirling around in my head.  The dream was vividly haunting.  I had to say goodbye to a bunch of people that I know because I had made a decision to do something, and for some reason it excluded all of them (although in reality, neither of these decisions really has an alternative that would exclude a bunch of people from my life, but that was how my dream mind played it out.)  When I dream, my mind seems to really heighten whatever I'm feeling, so I woke up this morning feeling quite upset and disturbed.  As I watched my nephew this morning, he and I had a nice long chat about it.  Granted, he is only one year old, so mostly I talked and he listened, but he is a great listener.

I've spend the rest of the day running errands, trying to write a research paper, and trying to stay awake as I try, unsuccessfully, to not worry about these decisions. 

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...long I stood and looked down one as far as I could...to see if it led off a cliff...

5 comments:

somebody's parents said...

You will be fine, either choice is a good choice. It isn't like you are being bad. As I once was told, "if you see a fork in the road, take it".

Indecision is usually the worst thing we can do because we stay "tied up" waiting for something to happen.

Remember you are loved and we support you!

LL said...

Try not to let it eat you alive while you figure it out. :-)

somebody's mother said...

Be true to you and it will be fine. You'll see. It's not a choice between good and bad. It's more like a choice between change and same-and neither one is bad.

Have you considered starting with the end you envision and working backward from there?

LL said...

Ah, somebody's mother is wise...

IzeOfLight said...

Good luck with it all, Liz!