16 March 2008

Wardy

Last night at the ward talent show, they gave out a few awards called "wardies."  I won the wardy for "best blog."

In the overwhelming delight at such an honor, I was speechless.  Speechless no longer, I'd like to give a short acceptance speech for this little number:


Firstly, I'd like to thank my roommate Kelly, who was the originator of all these awards. Clearly, she had no bias in awarding this honor to me.

Secondly, I'd like to thank the wardy accountant, Nicole, for being an accountant.  Someone has to be one, and I'm glad it's not me.

Thirdly, I'd like to thank Rebecca Pletsch.  She, in truth, has the best blog, but since she was part of the committee giving the awards, I have a feeling she chose to not give this award to herself.  I'd also like to thank Rebs for putting a link from her blog to mine, without which no one in the ward would ever have read my blog.

Lastly, I'd like to thank Britney Spears for giving me something to compare the inappropriate attire of this award to.  It would be so difficult to adequately describe the outfit without her recent fashion choices as a reference point.

2 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

Why I was even nominated, I'll never know. Four people read my blog. Wait, maybe five now! Kristi said she found it today.

Rebecca was my first introduction to the blogging world, and hers and yours, Liz, are the only blogs I check daily. Consider yourself . . . I dunno, special.

Cheryl said...

Lucky you. Your blog is fun and I enjoy. You deserve it.