04 March 2008

Interesting Choice of Words

"Facebook" is referred to as a social networking site.

How is it "social networking" if it's a site that I use sitting on the couch at home by myself?  Seems like anti-social networking to me...

4 comments:

jenn said...

It's a sad commentary on our world that socializing often involves sitting our couches in front of a computer.

Holli said...

Hey.. This is Holli Ridley. I dont know if you remember me but.. I was looking through blogs and ran in to yours.. and I started reading and seriously you crack me up. Just an FYI haha!

IzeOfLight said...

Granted, I also think it's a sad commentary that so much of our world socializes in front of a TV all the time. I do enjoy me some TV, but really? Let's play some games! Let's cook! Let's eat! (I'm a food whore, as my sister calls me) Let's do SOMETHING. =)

But I do like Facebook, too. How else would I be able to keep tabs on folks from elementary school and junior high? Especially since I didn't go to high school.

More Bacon said...

I totally remember you, Holli! Glad to hear from you! How are things??