Those who know me well know that I find April Fool's Day jokes to be rather mean-spirited and not funny. It probably largely stems from the fact that I'm already not a super trusting person, and practical "jokes" just make that worse. I don't like meanness in people either--I'd like to think that the world could be a nicer place. If jokes must be played, I'd prefer it wasn't on me.
Today, I found an article of the 10 worst April Fool's jokes, where the joking was, in fact, not considered to be funny by those on the receiving end. I liked it quite a bit, and thought many times as I read it "Who would've thought that was going to be taken well?"
For your reading enjoyment...
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/worstaprilfools.html
My favorite line? "...[B]ecause hey, nothing says funny like stirring up tension in the Middle-East."
31 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment