However, today I had to run an errand at the mall, so I thought I'd look around. I have had a really tough week, and was not really having a great day. My willpower for not purchasing seemed to be substantially decreased. I bought two things that I really liked. One of them is super impractical, and I'm about 80% sure I'll return it next week, but I purchased it nonetheless.
I don't feel that the purchasing significantly improved my mood, and now I know for sure--retail therapy is not for me. Definitely a valuable scientific experiment, and fortunately, now I know that spending money will not make me feel better on a bad day.
That's what I have video games for.
5 comments:
I still have the wrecking bar. Maybe mom will trust us to tear something else up. :-)
Sadly, I think that most of the tearing up is done at your place. Now it's time to paint and put stuff together, and that's not nearly as therapeutic. :)
Buying stuff for the kids is much more therapeutic for me than shopping for myself. Especially when it is things like a fun new pez dispenser or coloring book that I can surprise them with when I'm having a future bad day. :-) If only you could shop in such a way that you didn't know what you were getting and could surprise yourself on a future bad day... Nothing like a Mater pez dispenser to brighen up a bad mood.
BTW, you approve the comments now? Was I being inappropriate? :-)
Yes, yes, LL, you were being highly inappropriate... :)
Post a Comment