Today, I was down in a different department in my building, and I ran into a coworker who I know just a little. She looked me up and down and said:
"You need a red shirt. Or blue shoes. Or white pants."
It should be noted that today at work I wore chocolate brown dockers, a denim company shirt, and bright red boots. My feet were really cold, and it was snowing, and I had to walk to work, so I wore the boots! I usually take different shoes to change into, but today I didn't since it has been very cold in my office lately. (I think that the boots are cute, actually...under pants, you can't really tell they're boots--they just look like bright red shoes.)
I justified this questionable fashion decision by remembering that it is Wear Red day (or something to that effect) across the nation as a way to bring attention to heart health, which is important, and convenient for the shoe choice.
I recognized that the outfit was not entirely attractive, but I didn't care. I was glad to have a coworker tell me though, and the way she put it was so...special...she never holds back how she feels.
I was curious about the white pants idea, but she clarified that if I wore white pants, it would be patriotic.
When I got home, I changed into jeans and a sweatshirt and sneakers to go do other things, and I realized that both the pants and the shirt are quite big on me.
It probably was a more questionable outfit than I realized this morning.
I really should step up my game.
But I won't.
01 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Liz-what a gem your coworker is. To her credit, at least she gave you a variety of ideas to improve, rather than just saying your outfit is ugly. My momma always said that it is okay to not like something, as long as you have suggestions on how to make it better!
That's true...she could've just said it was ugly. I guess I should be looking for the silver lining...tough to see...
Post a Comment