Sunday night, I was driving home from my brother and sister-in-law's house when I lost control of my car. I was going very slowly, about 10 miles per hour, and driving very responsibly, but as I slowed to a stop and moved into the right turn lane, the car hit a patch of ice. Before I knew it, I was facing the opposite direction that I had been traveling, stuck in a snowbank.
I was, however, super blessed--it was about 10:00 pm, so there were no other cars around, so I didn't hit anyone and was not hit by anyone else. There were no pedestrians (I may have been on the sidewalk by the end...I'm not sure...so I'm certainly glad they weren't there). There was a car about a block behind me, who saw the whole thing, and as they drove past up to the light, they realized that I was stuck. Instead of traveling forward at the light as it turned green, a man (the only person in the car) ran out of his car (even though he wasn't wearing any coat), came over to me, and pushed me free from the snowbank. He waved, ran back to his car, and we both drove off.
I have no idea who he was, where he was going, or why we happened to be at the same intersection right then, but I'm certainly grateful. Not only did absolutely nothing bad happen to me or my car, but then there was a person right there to get me back out of my snowy, snowy shoulder.
I didn't get a chance to thank him, besides a grateful wave, so I just wanted to say thanks.
05 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe he was one of the 3 nephites. ;)
Post a Comment