To anyone who comes into my office suite:
There are two sides to my desk--one side is where I sit, and the other side, where there is a nice chair waiting, is where you sit.
Please, please, please stop walking around to my side of the desk to ask me questions or show me documents. I can see them just fine when you show them to me from YOUR SIDE of the desk. When you walk around and lean down next to me, it makes me unable to help you.
Please adjust your behaviors accordingly before I freak out.
Regards,
Liz
20 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Do we have personal space issues? =)
Personal space- the final frontier. These are the adventures of the desk-jockey Liz. Her five year mission, to seek out and train old employees and new trainees on the finer points of desk and office space etiquette. To boldly preserve office space that no employee has recognized before.
I know it is difficult to work when you are being crowded, and you have to draw the line sometimes, but is it possible that Captain Liz's personal space universe is just a tad too large? ;)
I wondered if it was irrational, but seriously--MY SIDE OF THE DESK! Don't come over here!!!!! There's a reason that desks are two-sided. One is for guests, and one is for me. MEEEEEEE!!
Hey, I agree. I hate it when people come on my side of the desk, strain to look at the computer screen or whatever paperwork I might have on my desk. Those guilty of this problem have no business seeing what I am doing. I finally started telling them that they can't come on my side.
Good luck Cheryl
Post a Comment