Today, since it is a holiday, I didn't have to work. I spent the day doing homework instead. I think I would have rather been at work, but...
I accomplished just over a month's worth of one of my online courses (I'm ahead, not behind, fortunately...) I'm hoping to finish the course up by the end of next week so that I can move onto an independent study course which has been primarily sitting, independently, on my bookshelf for several months.
But all this accomplishment has made it a really nice day. Success is invigorating--I felt like I should jump around and sing the theme from Rocky or something. But I didn't. I did, however, get a free dinner/lunch from Bajio (if you go there enough, eventually it's free) and purchased Somebody's Mother's birthday present.
All in all, not a bad day, and I still have a couple of productive hours left in me!
18 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Look at you go! I was babysitting a friend's kids last Thursday, and I scrambled around getting chores done before they came over and I got a TON done, and it felt SO good. It is invigorating to be so productive. What I can't figure out is why I'm so dang lazy when I could be productive and invigorated all the time. Maybe it is invigorating because it is so rare... :-)
BTW, no idea it was a holiday....
Gee, I don't know. I think you SHOULD jump and shout and sing the Rocky theme- like maybe on your way to work tomorrow morning.
Good on ya! Keep it up, the goal is in sight.
Post a Comment