30 July 2008

Twilight...

The bathroom in my apartment has two light fixtures.  One has four large, oddly-shaped lights in a row and goes above the sink.  The other is a standard half-sphere with two bulbs inside.  Both lights use the same switch.

Many months ago, one of the oddly-shaped lights burned out.  This was no serious concern.  One of the standard bulbs in the half-sphere burned out as well, but again, it was still pretty bright in the bathroom.

Then, last week, I flipped the lights on and another oddly-shaped bulb burned out.  The very next time I walked into the loo on that same day and flipped the lights on, another one of the oddly-shaped bulbs burned out.  I haven't replaced any of the light bulbs for a number of reasons, including laziness, but the decision was largely impacted by my impending move to a new place. 

This evening, upon returning from what can only be described as a day at work that in all probability reduced my life span by several years, I flipped on the lights and found that, at some point in the last day, the other oddly-shaped must've burned out.

Now, the bathroom is lit by one small bulb left in the dome.  It's getting pretty dark in there.

I have a feeling that, any day now, I'm going to flip those lights on and that last bulb will go.

Then I will wish that I didn't live in an apartment with such spectacularly high ceilings.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

When lights in bathrooms go out in my house, I am like you. Finally when it is dark I have to replace it and I am very surprised at what I can see. Well-------Really surprised at what looks back at me in the mirror. Maybe you'll actually move before the last one goes. Then you don't have to really see what is looking back at you. Love your blog!!

somebody's parents said...

Your dad might come over and change the lights, he might even have a strange shaped bulb...

Bonny said...

I seriously thought that this post was going to be about the book, "Twilight." See? I am a nerd.

JessiLeigh said...

I have a bulb like that in the dining room: and just like you, has not been changed because of three things; laziness, odd shaped bulb, and the hope of a new place soon!!
Hope you dont have to pee in the dark any time soon!