11 July 2008

Hellboy

Disclosure--I grew up with a lot of brothers. I am inclined to want to go see "guy" movies as a result. I also think that the new iPhone is really cool, have an xBox, play Halo, love the things my MacBook can do, and have had serious conversations about the merits of Superman versus those of Batman. I know, I'm lame...but I embrace it.

With that in mind...

Hellboy is a great comic book character. The only thing wrong with Hellboy is that, when I'm typing his name, I keep typing Hellyboy instead. Not really sure why.

There is a Hellboy movie coming out this weekend, and I've read some pretty good reviews. I was thinking that I'd catch a matinee this weekend, and I thought that maybe I should go see that one.

Problem? Yep. It's a sequel, and I never saw the first one.

Dumb part? I bought the first Hellboy movie for $6 once in a bargain bin. I have it at my apartment. I just never watched it.

Guess I could go home and watch that one, but...kind of takes all the fun out of my movie plans.

I think I'll see something else.

Too bad The Dark Knight doesn't come out until next week...

No comments: