17 July 2008

Sicky Sickerson

Late Tuesday night, I got sick.  At first, I thought it was food poisoning, but then I found out that somebody's mother had the same symptoms, so we must've picked it up somewhere together.  (Didn't eat together recently, so it couldn't be a shared food poisoning...)  Somebody's parents came down with the same symptoms later as well, so we were a big pile of sickies yesterday.  They were at their place, and I was at mine, but I called them a few times to check on them, and to whine about how sick I felt.  :)

It's nice to have someone to whine to.

Incidentally, Tuesday night I had gone out to dinner with some friends.  It's probably sufficient to say that I have no desire to eat at that restaurant ever again.  I'm sure it was not the restaurant's fault that I got sick, but...ew.

7 comments:

Lani said...

I caught some stomach bug while I was in UT... and MAN... I thought I was going to die. It was hor-ri-ble! I feel your pain!

somebody's mother said...

Interestingly, the sickie count keeps rising. And so far, all of us but one did eat at the same place. Hmm.

Karry Seaver said...

Sickness has plagued the other Seaver family as well…. Things have been leaving our body in ways that may be natural, but seem entirely sub-human. Jen and Jake had to shorten their travel one day due to the need of facilities not on board the Budget truck. Carl and Jami bowed to the porcelain throne all night and Braxtyn has stomach pains and a fever. I would point out that we all supped together at the Seaver FHE Monday night as the common denominator, but James wasn’t there and he kindly repainted the outside of one of the leaders cars with his mountain man breakfast at scout camp. Maybe it is something in the water?

somebody's mother said...

I think James' episode was a coincidence-pretty common occurance with scout camp. Probably someone who was contagious with this (but not yet or no longer symptomatic) handled food that either wasn't gong to be cooked or was already cooked and cooled. Doesn't matter now. Hopefully everyone is on the mend and that is the end of it.

Emily said...

I just thought I would add that it sounds like our family also picked up the same bug. My Lizzy and I were both sick Late Tuesday and Wednesday - and soon so was Mom (Candace), Bethany, Holly, JR and who knows who else. Luckily, it does seem to come and go pretty quickly!

Bre said...

I got sick once after eating cafe rio. I couldn't eat there for MONTHS. IT was a very dark time in my life. :)

Jenni said...

That is so weird!!! Maybe this is an omen that we shouldn't have cake at family functions - lets stick with the pies we know sits well in the Seaver belly!