14 April 2009

Things You Hear at Work

Today, two of my coworkers were having an interesting conversation:

D: You have to confront the fear!
R: I tried! I tried to call in the stupid airstrike!


We work for a financial institution.

5 comments:

Bre said...

hmmm...sounds like they were quoting 24...

Michael said...

Metal Gear Solid 3 had a boss named 'The Fear'....I don't remember any calling in air strikes in that game.

Call of Duty 4 multi-player prominently features calling in air strikes. Definitely no one named 'The Fear' in that game though...

Maybe someone has a gamertag of The Fear?

More Bacon said...

Michael, you're such a deep thinker! I can't believe how quickly you figured out the conversation. Yes, they were talking video games. And yes, it was actually Call of Duty 4 multi-player which they were discussing. The fear needing to be confronted was some actual fear.

R's husband is big into XBox, and she had tried to play Call of Duty online with some other people, and they were yelling at her because she couldn't call in the airstrike right. I haven't played it, but there is apparently some sequence of buttons to be pushed that she felt like she was pushing but having no success.

After this traumatic gaming experience, she determined she wouldn't play Call of Duty anymore. D was convincing her that she needed to confront her fear of being yelled at by the other gamers.

The rest of the conversation was about how the Germans would never have won the war if they had given into their fear.

Obviously, our boss is out of town.

Rachel Leigh said...

In my defense, I didn't start the converstion... Although you do make it sound rather humorous. :)

Michael said...

Hmmm...I'm impressed that she is calling in Airstrikes at all. As I remember it requires a significant string of kills to enable an air strike.

If she's racking up that many kills in public matches I'd encourage her to stick with it. She's better than me...