10 April 2009

Joys of Apartment Hunting

Things I've discovered while hunting for a new apartment:
  • If you ever find the perfect apartment, it will be available at the wrong time. I'm guessing it's some sort of karma for something I've done in the past, but I'm not sure what. I need to bake cookies for someone to get my good karma back.
  • I am ancient. I saw an apartment listing that was in an "older ward. Average age 22+." How is that an older ward? Older than people in high school???
  • Once you've viewed apartment listings each day for about a week, you will have seen them all. In fact, you'll have seen some of them seven times. Or more.
  • I've been looking for two bedroom apartments. Funny thing about the two bedroom apartments is that when I see one that has two bathrooms, I think, oh, I don't need two bathrooms--there's just one of me! Yet somehow, I do need two bedrooms. Go figure.

I do a lot of my apartment hunting on craigslist. I'm a big posting flagger. If you miscategorize, post something that is prohibited, or spam the board with your ads, I will get you. It keeps me entertained while I'm sifting through posts.

I may not be able to find a place to live - look for me in a cardboard box coming to a street near you any day now - but at least I'm helping the craigslist world one click at a time.

3 comments:

LL said...

Oh I hope hope hope you come to a street near me! :-)

Apartment hunting sucks. Instead of looking for apartments, start ward shopping. Go to a ward for a month, see what you think, move on if it isn't working for you. Great ward, find apartment in it. :-) I moved into that Midvale apartment because of the ward.

More Bacon said...

The hard part about switching to a ward shopping method is that there are 25 student stakes in Provo/Orem, each with 10+ wards...shopping for wards could take forever. At the perfect apartment I found, it was in like 7 different wards. Tongan, Spanish, YSA Tongan, regular ward, student ward, YSA ward, Portuguese ward, etc.

More Bacon said...

And you know I would LOVE to come to a street near you, LL, but I still have to go to school here, and let's be honest--no jobs in Wisconsin. :(