10 April 2009

Holidays

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love Easter candy. The one thing I really can't get on board with, year after year, is the Reester bunny. It's a Reese's candy shaped like a bunny. I could probably get on board with that, but the name is just not appetizing at all.

The one thing I am looking forward to this year is a honey-baked ham. They are my favorite. Many weeks ago, while I was out walking with somebody's mother, I was expressing my discouragement about life in general and school in particular. She skillfully distracted me with talk about my upcoming graduation party, which we have been planning for at least a year. It's not that we're big party planners or that it's a big party situation, but rather that it's nice to dream about being graduated.

As we discussed the particulars of the party, she asked what we should eat. I told her I wanted hamburgers. And corn. And french fries. And rootbeer. And honey-baked ham.

She said that the honey-baked ham would probably be better as a separate meal from the others. It's for rational thinking like this that I appreciate having a mother, since that would've been a pretty freaky meal.

So today, somebody's mother is going to pick up a mini-honey-baked ham for dinner on Sunday. She checked to see what else I wanted with it. I wanted sweet potatoes. She then called to make sure that there wasn't anything else I needed to have for the meal. I told her I wanted to eat a bunch of strawberries, too.

Done and done. Do you have a mother like that? (Well, if you're one of my siblings, then you do, but...)

Gotta love it.

2 comments:

LL said...

Mom is the best! I can't wait for her to come and visit so I can just bask in her wonderfulness. :-)

Shannon said...

You do have a great Mom! I know I have been thankful for her on many occasions.