Because I have a little break in between semesters, I decided that I was going to take a vacation. I haven't really mentioned it to very many people because I'm a pretty private person, and I haven't posted it here on this blog because I've been extremely busy and, frankly, it's strange to have the entire world know you're going on vacation. I'm weird like that. Don't judge me.
But back to the subject at hand. I'm going on vacation. It's a vacation I've wanted to take for a long time, and I'm really looking forward to it.
In an effort over the past few weeks to be more open with those in my life and try to connect with people, since I've been pretty disconnected for the past few semesters, I told a couple of people about my vacation plans.
It's important to remember here that my vacation is already booked. There's no turning back now.
I told my hair dresser. She was initially happy for me getting to go on vacation, but then shocked and disturbed when she found out what the vacation entailed.
I told a couple of my coworkers. They were distressed and concerned that I would take such a vacation.
I've decided to stop telling people. That includes you--I will not be disclosing the details of my vacation until I return so as to not panic anyone further.
So why am I telling you this much and leaving you in suspense? Because I can.
Actually, there's a poll to the right. I'm curious as to what you think my terrifying vacation plans are. When I'm back from my undisclosed vacation on an undisclosed date, I'll fill you in on the details.
24 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
For the record, your trip down the Amazon sounds totally fun and I'm sure it's completely safe.
The suspense....I hope that you have a GRREAT time! The thing about vacations that I haven't figured out yet, is why I want to go SO BADLY, only to get there and (while I have fun and am glad that I went) want to RETURN HOME again. I guess I have a fickle nature.
I'm with Nat - I look forward to going, hate the hassle of getting there, enjoy the experience but am always glad to be home and unpacked and find everything as I left it.
Maybe that is because I usually take trips, not vacations. In fact, I can only think of one time I went and did something I really wanted to do - visit Nat & family. That was a great vacation.
As for your upcoming vacation, they don't ALWAYS sacrifice the virgin, so you might be ok. I mean, it isn't a full moon, right? :-)
Post a Comment