I have only ever played the game Rock Band once or twice, enjoying it immensely but not purchasing it due to my knowledge that my productivity would decrease exponentially if I kept that in my apartment. However, even with my limited knowledge of the game, I am about 99.9% sure that there are many songs which a person could choose to play.
Unfortunately, every person in that room was unable to be even a tiny bit creative and all chose the same songs.
Things I do not want to hear for the next several weeks, if ever again:
- Say It Ain't So (which is sad, because I really like Weezer. However, if I ran into any of them today, I might punch them for ever writing this song.)
- Enter Sandman
- Wanted Dead or Alive (I've never hated Jon Bon Jovi more. Seriously.)
- Dirty Little Secret
- Paranoid (too bad again, I also like this one...it wasn't as pervasive, so I may be able to hear that one again sooner.)
Also, as a public service to humanity, here are some things you should think about when playing Rock Band.
- This is a song to be played with your friends and family and anyone else who is contractually obligated to like you. Total strangers will point, laugh, get angry, and roll their eyes as they sit and listen.
- If you sit and play Rock Band for four days, at least 4 hours a day during the first week of school, you may have a problem that you need to work through. At the very least, many people will be pointing and laughing.
- Remember: even though you may FEEL like a rock star, you do not LOOK like a rock star. Stop head banging, dancing, etc, as soon as possible.
- There's a saying that you should dance like no one is watching, sing like no one can hear you, etc. That is only true if, in fact, no one can hear you. When 50 people are crammed into a room and many of us are obligated to stay in it, thereby being forced to hear you, you should sing like we can hear you. And by that, I mean you should sing quietly. Oh, so very quietly.
Lastly, a little tidbit that I'd like to share, also as a public service. If your job at an event is to scoop popcorn into little bags in a very slow, low-stress environment, don't complain to others about how difficult it is. Others may decide to give you a job which is actually difficult, or they may decide that you should be fired. Just saying...
[/rant]
5 comments:
Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange U glad last week is over?
I don't get the title.....I am slow...
I want to get DDR, but I'm too embarrassed to dance in front of anyone, and the only time I'm alone is at night, when I want to sleep. If only I had no self awareness, like your coworkers...
Nothing to get in the title--you're not slow. It's the first line of one of the songs that I want to never, never hear again.
I think you should get it and play it with Javi and D. They won't judge you. I'd play it with you, and I wouldn't judge you either, as long as you wouldn't judge me. :)
lol [/rant] that's pretty sweet liz!
Now I know never to play "Wanted Dead or Alive" on the guitar whenever I'm around you.
Post a Comment