Except, upon further examination, I realized that there was a piece of paper in it. It indicated that our mail box was considered vacant, and that our mail was being held by the post office. I have lived different apartments in Provo for four years now, and this has never happened to me before. The best I can figure is that we were supposed to somehow label our mailbox with our names, and because we didn't, it is just four pieces of metal that are good for nothing.
It was about 5:35 pm when I discovered this unfortunate turn of events. I decided that I should head to the post office and pick up my mail. In some ways this seemed to be convenient because I needed to change my address anyway.
Only problem? The post office closes at 5:30. This does nothing for me, because I have to work until 5:30 every day. Hosers. Adding to my concern is the fact that the note indicated that we have only until the 21st to retrieve our mail. Today is the 19th. I have no desire to get back down there in the next couple of days, yet, sadly, I must.
In some ways though, I suppose that there is a silver lining. No mail at all means that we also haven't received any junk mail, which is nice.
1 comment:
I agree, the few days when we were under the radar of the US postal service was nice... the calm before the storm. Now every time we check the mail it's another bill - I love growing up!
Post a Comment