30 August 2008

Grief

I recently was really hurt by something that someone did.  A pretty slimy move by a colleague has left me feeling disenchanted, disenfranchised, and discombobulated.  (Not really the last one--I just like that word but so rarely get to use it.)

Discovering this person/these people's true nature(s) has been like a grieving process, the essential death of the reality I thought I knew.

There are some relatively accepted stages to grief.  I was going to list them, but I honestly cannot remember what they are.

Today's stage: crabbiness.  My apologies in advance to those who will have to interact with me.  

6 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

Aw, I'm so sorry! I've been dealing with that a bit lately, too, and it's been interesting seeing how character has shown through in the last two weeks: one has treated us just as well as before; the other has been insufferable to be around.

LL said...

I know what will make you feel better. Look up that funny cartoon of the giraffe in the quick sand and his stages of grief. :-) Hee hee!

Sorry some people suck....

More Bacon said...

I didn't even think of that, LL! You're right--I will watch that promptly and the giggling will help me move onto my next stage: moving on. :)

somebody's mother said...

If you think it would help, I could go and tattle on them to their mommies. Hand in there. Let this be more about them than about you. Stay true to your own code of ethics and don't let this diminish all the good, noble, equitable and ethical parts of who you are.

Unknown said...

Liz, I'm sorry that you are appointed with your colleague. I hope you can become combobulated again and that the illusionment can return. If only people were always gruntled. I pute the fact that it is aggravating when you dain someone, and everything is in array only to have them close their real intent.

But I know you live a mal existence. You'll become heartened again. Just perse the pensable things. Parage those who are graceful. Cuss about mean people behind their backs. The crepancies in how you live in public and in private will create an aster for you. People will then regard you; you will rupt cord with those tant to you. Being honorable can do nothing but figure the perception your peers have of you.

Have a gusting week!

More Bacon said...

Ah, Matt...that right there is why we're friends. :)