26 August 2008

Awkward Revisited

After having what I felt was a VERY successful, non-awkward conversation tonight at FHE, I bumped into a neighbor at my apartment complex and ended up in an awkward conversation.

Fortunately, this one wasn't my fault.  It wasn't that she was awkward either, but rather that she asked me about an awkward topic that I wasn't prepared to discuss yet.

50/50 isn't bad for tonight's conversations.  

Somebody's Mother says that I have to keep having conversations, even if they are awkward.  In fact, she quite sternly instructed me that I must say hi to all the people I see.

I have a feeling that if she were present for some of these choice conversations, she might change her mind for the sake of humanity.

2 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

C'mon, you can't just tell us there was an "awkward topic" without telling us what said awkward topic is, can you? =)

Bonny said...

As the reigning Queen of Social Retardation, I would have to say that I agree with Somebody's Mother, in theory. Although, I never do talk to people or say hi to them. But that is how I keep my title of Queen of Social Retardation.