- I moved this weekend. YAY! Thanks to Somebody's Parents and Somebody's Mother for all their amazing help. I have no idea what I would've done without them!
- Sadly, somehow during the move, I injured my knee. It hurts quite a bit. This is unfortunate timing, as I am supposed to be hiking the Grand Canyon with my parents in three weeks. Yikes. I have a recurring knee condition that is more common in women and in people with flat feet. I am both of those things. Shoot.
- I am the queen of awkward. I have had approximately 45,836 awkward conversations over the past week. If being awkward was an olympic event, I would be its Michael Phelps. Yikes again.
- I am going to get rid of some stuff. A lot of stuff. I have WAY too much stuff for one person. After hauling a bit of that stuff up several flights of stairs this weekend, I'm feeling less attached to most of it.
- I am going to buy a new TV. My TV is wonderful, only cost me $25, and is a fabulous piece of equipment that works like a dream. However, it weighs about 200 pounds (give or take...feels like about 2,000 pounds) and is very difficult to move. It is difficult for me to move because I cannot lift it, so I must find and/or bribe people to move it for me. This last move was the last time I will take it with me. It's just too impractical. Now I'm in the market for a new TV to be purchased before next June when I have to move again. The old TV will be given away to someone who is willing to haul it out--I'm not trying to move that thing again!
- June seems WAY too soon to have to be moving again.
- In my enormous amounts of stress over the past few weeks, I have eaten a bit of candy. It's not good for me, and makes me feel a bit shaky and jittery since I really don't eat a lot of refined sugars. But I still eat it, mostly because I'm in distress and having something to munch on makes me feel better.
- I got an A in all three of my classes this semester. How did that happen??
- I still have to clean my old apartment. I hate cleaning. It seems especially stupid since the people who lived there before me didn't clean it before they moved out.
- This is a horrible time for me to work in a building with no elevator where my daily work is requiring many trips up and down two flights of stairs.
- The Timpanogos Storytelling Festival is coming up in a couple of weeks. I have only been once, but have very fond memories of it and always mean to go back. Maybe I will this year. I should do something fun before school starts again.
- Most of the people in my new ward are school teachers. I know that they all had the summer off of work, but I still feel a sweet sense of justice that they all had to go back to work this week. I know, I've had to work all summer, but it's true--misery really does love company, and I'm glad they're all working again.
18 August 2008
Happenings
Lots of stuff has been going on. Here is a quick summary, in no particular order:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Liz, it just warms my heart every time you talk about being awkward. It seems like after every interaction with another human being I walk away going "Why am I allowed to leave the house?"
"It starts with an S, ends with a T,
Comes out of you, and it comes out of me..."
Yes, good times :)
(And lest anyone think me crude, it's "Skat." Yes, Skat. Liz knows what I mean)
I do know what you mean, Matt...so funny. It's been about 100 years since then, but that still makes me laugh out loud.
Questions:
1. Why do you wait until you move before you decide to get rid of stuff!
2. Isn't it a bit obvious for you to be sporting the injured knee right before the Grand Canyon?
3. GO to the story telling festival.
4. We are glad you are safe and sound in the new place...
I always throw stuff away when we're unpacking and it drives JC crazy. Throw it away BEFORE you haul it up the stairs. :-) But there is something about having suffered through moving it that just severs the tie and allows me to toss things.
Yesterday at the store I told the boys we needed black beans and red beans and then I thought of you and laughed. :-) Thanks for the laugh - we were having a rough trip!
Post a Comment