I am not a big spender. When I know that I'm going to be spending a lot of money on something, I like to do a lot of research and pondering.
With that in mind, I'm starting my research for the purchase of my new TV. I want to figure out what kind of TV I want to get so that I can start watching for my chosen TV to be on sale, and then purchase it.
So, what TV should I get? Any thoughts? My brother has a 70 inch TV--that would be too big for me. My parents have a TV that really heats up the room, and I'm not inclined to buy something like that either.
Plasma? LCD? No TV at all? (Just kidding...no TV at all isn't an option. What would I do with the XBox? And the TiVo? Tragedy!)
18 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jake and I just barely went through this exact dilema! We went with a LCD (plasma is a lot darker picture, bad if you're ever going to watch TV in the day time). We decided to go with a Samsung cause they are always the top in reviews. We got the 6 series 650. It is midlevel (the more expensive ones have all these extra plug ins we'll never use). It has "auto motion" which makes our Blue Rays look 3D! We had a guy come tune it in our home - totally worth it! The picture is awesome! Plus the styling on this series is really sleek looking - we have a 46" - with is nice for watching a movie with friends, but not too obtrusive. Good luck with your shopping!
LCD. Remember while our TV is warm, it only generates about 25% the heat of the one you have...
From my experience, get whatever you're going to get at Costco. They rock the most.
LCD over plasma. If you pause a picture on plasma and leave it, it will burn into the screen...not good for people that stop for "just a second" and don't come back for an hour...
As for size, go to the store, look at what you think is a good size, and then buy one size smaller. You won't notice the smaller screen at home and you'll save money on the power bill.
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6475_7-6400401-3.html
Post a Comment