13 May 2012

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. Unfortunately, as I am a law student, Mother's Day is at a particularly inopportune time for me each year. After next year, I'll be doing all kinds of fun things for my mother on her day, but for now, a blog post will have to suffice.

I'm probably the luckiest girl in the world to be blessed with my mother. She'll tell you she's not perfect, but she's really perfect for me. This year, she came to stay with me (for ten days!) so that I could have a tonsillectomy but still go to school. Some mornings, she'll call so that we can chat and "go for a walk" together. She even agreed to still love me if I don't get good grades this semester.

I'm grateful today for my mother, and for all the other women in my life who are wonderful examples of womanhood and motherhood.

Found this on someone's Pinterest board. As I do not use Pinterest, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to credit this picture, so I'll just say that I did not take it or make it. I just like it.

No comments: