Dear Woman in Front of Me in The ATL Security Line,
You know, as I’ve been here visiting my wonderful sister and
her fabulous family, I’ve been struck by how lovely all of the people here in
Atlanta are. So warm, so friendly, great customer service everywhere I’ve gone.
You must be from somewhere else.
When you turned around and yelled at me in the security line
about how my sniffles were making you sick, I was pretty surprised. I’ve never
had a total stranger just yell at me standing in line like that. Although I
thought I saw you turning to glare at me a few times before that, I hadn’t made
eye contact because I was sure I was mistaken; why would someone glare at a
total stranger in line who was just minding her own business?
For the record, I’m just a month into recovery from my
tonsillectomy. My soft tissues in my throat and mouth are still recovering.
They aren’t done changing shape and size, so I do still struggle with my nose
and mouth functions. Also, I’m suffering from terrible allergies or a cold;
I’ve been seen by a physician and have had to battle through two weeks of
miserable finals feeling entirely ill. On top of it all, I just had to say
goodbye to my dear family to head back home. I don’t know if you know what it
is to have loved ones, but I miss my wonderful family, and it breaks my heart
to not live near my adorable nephews as they grow up. So forgive me if I’m a
bit misty on top of it all.
I am not your daughter. I am not your
employee. I am not your student. It’s completely inappropriate for you to yell
at me.
I’m glad we’re not on the same flight, because I will
continue to cough and be sniffly all the way to New York. Do I want to be? Of
course not. Why would I do this if I didn’t have to?
I hope you sit next to a baby on the plane. A baby with a
cold. Who cries the whole way. And then barfs on you halfway to your
destination.
Actually, I couldn’t wish that on the baby, the poor baby’s
mother, or those poor flight attendants who would have to deal with your
rudeness. Maybe you should just fly alone. And drive alone. And not go into
public until you can learn appropriate societal behaviors.
Best,
Bacon
2 comments:
i'm sad a lady at the ATL airport was rude. i've been meaning to write a guide to ATL airport for a while, including the location of the secret security gates that few people use (hopefully including rude women). i might get around to doing that now.
She shouldn't have any trouble flying alone. There's only room for one on her broom anyway.
Post a Comment