11 May 2009

A Letter

Dear World:

Some of you who I barely know have recently taken to spreading gossip about me. Whether it is true or not is irrelevant, although in this case I'd caution listeners to beware of who they are trusting.

If I feel that it is valuable and/or necessary for you to know something about me, I will certainly let you know. Until then, please just leave me alone. As you sit around and come up with secret meetings and rumor about me, I can't help but think that you either have no social life, no work responsibilities, or that you neglect both of them for the sake of some imagined opportunity to break some fascinating news.

I have a blog. I use Facebook. I'm even on Twitter. (I know--I work hard to keep up with kids these days.) If you do not hear something from me in person or through one of these mediums, go ahead and assume that whoever is telling you garbage is making it up. If and when there is something to tell people, I certainly do so.

If you are spreading rumor about me, whether or not you believe it is true, please quit. I am so tired of discovering new information about my life from third parties. Even if any of it were true, it certainly wouldn't be any of your business.

It's situations like this that make it extra difficult for me to want to reach out and make friends. I clearly am surrounded by untrustworthy "friends" in so many arenas.

I have to go hire an agent now that can issue press releases of statements refuting the craziness that is being broadcast about me. Such a burden...

All kidding aside, I'm not that interesting. Please stop trying to make me more so.

Exhaustedly yours,

Liz

7 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

On one hand, I'm super sad for you and think it's a big fat bummer. On the other hand, doesn't it kind of mean you've arrived? You know, to a level of awesomeness that people can't help but talk about you? I wish people would gossip about me . . . =)

Camille said...

We all know you went to Seattle to meet a secret lover! Lol, sorry that got back to you so fast :)

Unknown said...

So I should stop those weekly Liz Meetings in my ward?

Okay, point taken.

:)

jill kynaston said...

Liz you have a gift with the English language. I have no idea what you were talking about specifically, but I thought your rebuttal was fabulous! You should go into law. Go you!

LL said...

If it is any consolation, the gossip hasn't made it out here. Yet. :-)

Bre said...

now you're going to need blog about what the gossip is about...so I can gossip about it with my friends. not really, my only friend now is my husband and he doesn't gossip. but you've got my curiosity peeked. :)

Karry Seaver said...

So it is NOT true that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are trying to adopt you?