15 May 2009

Invested

Like I am in so many things, it appears that I have become invested in my capstone course.

I tend to be a touch competitive. I wouldn't have thought that before, but in the past few months, each of my parents has separately used the word to describe me, both saying that I'm a little bit competitive. It turns out that they are correct.

So how do we know that I am invested in my capstone course? Today is year two of decisions. All of the teams have to have their decisions submitted by 9:00 tonight, and then the computer quickly crunches the numbers and tells us how we all did.

My heart is racing, and this is just a practice round. This capstone combines two of my tragic flaws: my need for good grades, and my need to win. This class plays right into both of those. Ugh.

Big deep breaths...it's just a game...and a grade...

Update: 9:06 pm. We won the round. We have the highest stock price and the greatest cumulative profits. I'm still not completely thrilled with our contribution margins, but our working days of capital and ratios all look fabulous. For tonight, I'm one happy camper. 

I can already tell that this game is not going to be good for my health. I am way too invested.

1 comment:

somebody's parents said...

"a touch competitive" - maybe even a little more than that...

Must have got that from your mom, I still have mine.