24 January 2008

Things I Said at Work Today

I occasionally (okay, all the time) say things that come out sounding strange. Things I actually said at work today:

"Are there any people sitting on the floor at your office?" (Made sense in my head...)

"I figured out how to make a hundred dollars." (I did.)

Even now as I write those, I realize that a sufficient explanation would be lengthy, if not impossible.


Another day, an employee asked me if I went "to the Y." I replied,

"No, BYU." (Problem with that: BYU and "the Y' are the same place, so that makes no sense. Further problem: I don't go there. So then I had to tell her that I actually go to UVSC.)

My poor coworkers...

5 comments:

LL said...

That's ok. I go through paper like it grows on trees. :-)

More Bacon said...

He he...I forgot about that!

Adam Kynaston said...

Hahaha LL-how funny.

I so often hear it correctly in my head. Fortunately, I so often offend people that the only friends I keep end up being close friends. Blessing or curse?

More Bacon said...

Definitely blessing!

Bre said...

um, liz...where do you work again?