19 January 2008

Paranoia Revisited

Today, after my original paranoia post, I discovered that the thing I was paranoid about was not true.

For clarification purposes, I thought that someone was stealing things from me--I know, highly unlikely, but true. So I thought that sometime, I or someone else on my errand could look for the missing things to see if they had been taken hostage.

After explaining it, I realize that it sounds improbable, even ridiculous, but so many similar or even more bizarre things have happened to me before.

This week at work, while I was gone, one of my coworkers emailed a huge number of people who work for our company and told them to send me emails with fake questions for me to answer so that my inbox would be full when I got back. Lucky, lucky me...I spent the whole day I got back from vacation trying to sort out which things in my email were actual problems that people were having (a few) and which were just made up stuff (most of them).

Things like this happen to me at work all the time--once, a coworker wrapped my entire desk in aluminum foil--each item on the desk was also individually wrapped. Another time, they went through the candy in the office (we keep a ton of candy for trainings and such). They went through the stash and took all of the pink Nerds (my favorite--I don't like any of the other kinds of Nerds). After they had all the pink ones, they opened the boxes, took out the candy, and refilled the boxes with other nerds, like purple or red, and glued the boxes back together. Then, they put them into the candy stash one or two boxes at a time so that, any time I took a box of Nerds, I would open it to find that they weren't pink. I'm not sure what they did with the pink ones, actually--I think they ate them.

Anyway, those are just a few examples of things that have happened to me, and those were JUST at work. These sorts of things happen to me all the time. People trick me, lie to me, and tease me mercilessly. The problem with that is that I'm already not very trusting, so you add those things into the mix, and you get one paranoid girl...

Oh well. I won't worry about it too much until the raging paranoia monster strikes again. Shouldn't be too long...

1 comment:

Bre said...

Oh my gosh, liz. I hate to break it to you, but you are the Dwight of your office!!! You could use your life experiences to become a writer for "The Office" With the strike going on, I'm sure they're looking for more...