19 January 2008

Hindsight

When I was on vacation in Hawaii, I was looking for some very specific palm-frond baskets. They are very easy to find, as long as you don't want to purchase them--I saw them EVERYWHERE used as breadbaskets, full of trinkets to buy, etc. However, I could never find the ones that I wanted that were available to purchase. Mom thought I'd be able to find them online, but I haven't been able to find the right thing. All I can find is DVDs of how to weave my own baskets, and seeing as I am short on time, patience, and palm fronds, I don't see that happening. In hindsight, I wish I had asked someone at any of those stores if they had an idea of where I could purchase those baskets.

Another time, when we were out shopping, I saw a super cute dress in a window. We were driving out of the shopping center, but Dad asked if I wanted him to pull over so we could look at the dress. I told him that it was a cute dress, but just a normal dress so there was no point in going out of our way to buy it in Hawaii. I made a mental note of the store name so that I could search for it, and today I remembered to look it up online.

You can't purchase anything online from the store. It has two locations, both on the Big Island in Hawaii. Dang it.

Hindsight is certainly 20/20.

3 comments:

LL said...

We have friends that live on the Big Island. :-) Maybe they could hook you up.

More Bacon said...

:) You have friends on the Big Island? You should visit them lots! :)

Bre said...

this is a good lesson for you. Always stop for a cute dress. Always.