I've had a difficult week filled with some disappointments, road blocks, and discouraging moments. Yesterday, I couldn't believe that it was only Wednesday.
I crawled into bed last night thinking, please, please let it snow enough that I can just have the day off.
I just wanted to pull the blanket up over my head and hide from the whole world.
So last night, God threw a big, 10 inch blanket of snow across Manhattan as if to say, "Ok, but just this once, and then get back to work."
So I will. But it was a really, really nice day off of school! And now I'm ready to get back at it.
27 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So glad you got a break. I remember having those days and wishing for a snow day, but this is Utah and we don't believe in snow days. And I really enjoyed playing WWF all day today. I'm realizing more and more, just how much smarter your family is than me. I like it. Good genes!:)
I know--we never had snow days when I was growing up. It was just too good to be true.
But it was.
And it was awesome.
I wish I could have some kind of reverse snow day, where all the kids - including the ones that usually stay home - have to go to school while I stay here by myself. :-)
I am glad that you got a break. Everyone needs one once in awhile.
@LL just wait they will all be in school before you know it. :)
what a tender mercy!!!
Post a Comment