I had my mail held while I was on vacation, since my vacation was a long one! To my surprise, when I got home, I had mail in my mailbox, including some package slips. (When you live in an apartment without a doorman, you have to pick up your packages at the post office). So I headed to the post office where my packages were. After some griping from the postal worker (my packages were heavy, but that's what they get for offering flat-rate boxes), I found out that only my packages were there, but the rest of my mail was at another post office. (What? You don't have two post offices within a quarter of a mile of your house? Hmm.) So, I headed to the other post office as well for the rest of my mail.
When all was said and done, I got lots of lovely things: bills, packages, books, a variety of pieces of mail for a variety of combinations of my brothers' names, and a couple of post cards from a vacationing relative.
I also did some grocery shopping and other quick errands to prepare myself for the first day of the semester, which is tomorrow!
Alas, my suitcase is still somewhere else, although the current word on the street is that it's going to show up at some point between 9 and 11 this evening. I hope it's closer to 9, since they say I have to meet them on the street to pick it up, and I hate to be out late in the cold!
Other than the wandering suitcase, however, I'm ready for the semester to begin. Here we go again!
18 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment