21 January 2011

Quality

There seems to be a direct relationship between the quality of food and its price. For example, if you can get something from a restaurant for $0.99, it's probably not super good for you or tasty, frankly. Fruits and veggies tend to be a bit more expensive.

Today, when I was out grocery shopping, I was purchasing some fine cheeses for my impending home made macaroni and cheese experiment, and I noticed how much more expensive good cheese was than something like Velveeta, which I suppose is really "cheese-food-product" or something like that. Sometimes, I wish I didn't have standards.

Anyway, when I was walking home from the grocery store, there was a sign out in front of a bar on my block that said "25 cent beer night!"

I don't know a lot about drinking, but really, that can't be good.

4 comments:

bh said...

i don't think anything with the words "food product" at the end should ever be eaten.

jenn said...

So true, so true. I know that since we've become food snobs our grocery bill has increased quite a bit:) I hope your mac and cheese turns out well, and if it does, please share the recipe. I love mac and cheese.

LL said...

Yes indeed. The less junky it is, the more expensive it is.

A near by bowling alley has penny per pin bowling sometimes. I could bowl for hours and still get change from my dollar. Another example of price/quality. :-)

IzeOfLight said...

Gotta love government subsidies keeping junk food's prices down. The more I re-watch things like Food, Inc. and King Corn, man . . .

What mac and cheese recipe you using? I've got one (a Fleming's copy) that is SO good! I've been craving mac and cheese for about a month, so I think I know what I need to get at the store.