26 July 2009

Weird Night

Probably only a few of you know this, but Sunday night is my least favorite night of the week.

Sunday night gets completely stomped on by Monday morning. Work and school both weigh heavily on my mind, and I spend most Sunday nights delaying the inevitable retirement to bed. It's not that I don't like to sleep--I LOVE sleeping--rather, it's that once I'm asleep, it will be just moments until it's time to wake up.

So this particular Sunday night is strange. There remain certain elements of my usual Sunday night feelings, but some of it is sort of like a phantom limb--I can feel it even though it's not there. There is no homework this week. There won't be. No classes, no assignments, no unpleasant group meetings...nothing.

And in truth, I'm only working two days this week because after that, my sister, her husband, and their three sweet little boys will out visiting, so I'm taking Wednesday through Friday off to relax, play, catch up, and celebrate with my entire family. I'm really looking forward to it.

So why am I still avoiding the end of the day?

No comments: