15 July 2009

Open Apology

Today, I was kneeling by a coworker's desk drinking a glass of water while she showed me something on her computer.

One of the things she showed me was shockingly funny, and somehow, I ended up spitting a mouthful of water all over her and the floor.

I was horrified. HORRIFIED, I tell you!

It was so, so embarrassing, and I want to publicly apologize to my sweet coworker for spitting on her. I truly didn't mean to. I have never spit like that before, I promise. I will endeavor to never spit on anyone again.

In a beautiful turn of events, however, that coworker accidentally gleeked a little bit on one of our other coworkers.

I feel so much better about the whole thing now.

Still, I wonder if I should surround maybe the 5 feet on any side of me with a blue tarp, like the blue bleachers at Sea World. Anyone who stands close to me may end up covered in water.

**Correction: my coworker has informed me that she didn't gleek on our other coworker; rather, she spit unintentionally, sort of during a laugh/scoff situation...just wanted to keep the story straight.**

5 comments:

Rachel Leigh said...

Thanks liz... gotta keep the story straight!

LL said...

Once my childhood BFF put her hand on my shoulder, turned to tell me something and sneezed right in my face. Awesome. :-)

The blue tarp is not a bad idea.

Karry Seaver said...

If you spit water on someone again tell them the story of the baby that spit up in your dad's mouth- water won't seem so bad.

LL said...

Oh, excellent idea Karry. Once Javier threw up in my mouth. You can tell that one too. :-)

More Bacon said...

Yes, those events were grosser, but those were children, and I'm 25.

Fortunately, I didn't spit in her mouth or anything--it just got on her pants.

If it had been worse, I might've had to find a new job. Not sure I could show my face after that.