18 June 2008

Time to Go Home

I'm at work. I'm working very hard, naturally, but have been struggling all day with sleepiness and frustration with several different projects that I can't seem to make any progress on.

An employee just came out of taking a certification assessment to ask me a question, and we had the following conversation:

Employee: I read in the book that people can just make a mark if they're not able to sign, and then we witness it...
Me: Oh, but that's not quite what the question is asking about. That only applies if the person is illegitimate.
Employee: (Big eyes, then laughter)
Me: Wait, no, illiterate. I meant illiterate!

Hopefully, he got that question right.

Clearly, it's time for me to throw in the towel and go home.

3 comments:

somebody's mother said...

Are there special rules for illegitimate illiterates?

More Bacon said...

Yes, there are VERY special rules for them.

CS said...

lol that's awesome!!!!!! love those slips of the tongue. i would have blushed!