11 April 2008

Thoughts

I have several potential blog posts mulling around in my mind right now, so you may see a few this weekend.  Or you may not.  It's my blog, and I'll do what I want to.

This blog post is a serious one, though.  It's about my brothers.  I once wrote a big, long post about my relationships with my brothers, and then I deleted it.  This one will be more brief, largely because I'm sitting in a rather uncomfortable position.

Through our many years of yelling, biting, hitting, kicking, video gaming, eating, geeking (is that a word?), talking, laughing, crying, listening (sometimes), teaching, learning, and other usual sibling activities, we probably took each other for granted a lot.  Although I didn't always say it, I'm glad that I grew up with my brothers.  We spent a lot of time together, and now, as adults, we continue to have special relationships.  I love them all, even though I don't say it enough.    

I know three brothers who are about to be split up from each other.  There's no other way to find them a home, so they'll be separated.  They'll still be brothers, no matter what, but I'm sad that they won't get to spend their childhood together.  

Tonight, I'm thankful for my brothers, and my heart is full of prayers for a little band of brothers who is about to embark on a new journey.

2 comments:

David said...

Hey Liz! Its really sad that those brothers are going to be split up. I wish that everone would have the chance to grow up with brothers who love them as much as I know all of us love eachother.

Its very interesring to be in San Francisco and even though its a little after 11 and the city is dark I can't help but think of the things we have seen so far and know how fun it would be to share that with everyone.

somebody's mother said...

It is so sad, especially for the oldest brother, who will probably be split off from the others and will know and understand what is really happening. And he is old enough that he will always know that somewhere he has brothers.

I know that things weren't always peaceful and there wasn't the harmony that I always imagined there would be. Somehow, I just really missed the mark on that part of parenting. But we did love each other and stick with each other through it all.