When you're going to be out somewhere and you're walking, take a little bag with you for picking up litter. Some will be recyclable (yippee!) and some will not (bummer), but you can clean up your route a little no matter where you are going.
If everyone would just pick up a little bit, we could compensate for all the people who are trying to turn our world into a big dump!
Best part of this "change the world" exercise? It takes essentially no extra time to do.
Go get 'em!
2 comments:
I walk past the High School every day on my walk. No end of trash to pick up there. Fortunately, they have big cans by the doors to dump the trash I pick up.
I wonder if you have to cross some age threshold before you can see trash cans... Must be some time after high school age.
Our apt complex doesn't want to fork out the money to set up recycling here - there are over 400 wasteful young adults living here! It makes me sad to see the dumpster full of newspaper and bottles!
Post a Comment