22 April 2008

Best Demo EVER!

At work, one of my current projects is shopping around for a new piece of software to replace one that we have had for at least eight years (translation: most irritating software we use).  

I have been finding vendors, getting quotes, and setting up demos.

Today's we had a demo from a company who turned out to be based in Canada.  Because none of us is very mature, we spent the whole time trying to not giggle at the presenter's great Canadian accent.  Fortunately, since it was done remotely, he couldn't see us struggling.  That's probably a good reason for us to not invest in any sort of video technology.

All in all, it was a fantastic demo, and I really like the software and the vendor.  We have to see a few more, but I won't be surprised if that is the one we pick.

If we do end up with that software, I really hope that we have them do some training on it for us, not because we'll need it, but just because it's so fun to listen to!!

3 comments:

somebody's parents said...

Remember often stuff works much better in "demo" mode than in real life.

Reminds me of a great joke. Remind me sometime and I will tell you the joke. (If I can remember the punch line...).

Once we bought a package for Consulting management. Unfortunately, it ran much better in the power point demo than it did on real servers...

Talk to several users, ask them, "what is the worst thing about x". If you ask often enough, you will find the problems. Everything has some problems but better to know before you write the check...

somebody's parents said...

Remember often stuff works much better in "demo" mode than in real life.

Reminds me of a great joke. Remind me sometime and I will tell you the joke. (If I can remember the punch line...).

Once we bought a package for Consulting management. Unfortunately, it ran much better in the power point demo than it did on real servers...

Talk to several users, ask them, "what is the worst thing about x". If you ask often enough, you will find the problems. Everything has some problems but better to know before you write the check...

somebody's parents said...

Remember often stuff works much better in "demo" mode than in real life.

Reminds me of a great joke. Remind me sometime and I will tell you the joke. (If I can remember the punch line...).

Once we bought a package for Consulting management. Unfortunately, it ran much better in the power point demo than it did on real servers...

Talk to several users, ask them, "what is the worst thing about x". If you ask often enough, you will find the problems. Everything has some problems but better to know before you write the check...