14 April 2008

Irony

Today in my class we're talking about business etiquette in my career prep class.  The current topic of conversation is the use of cell phones, electronic gadgets, and laptops in meetings and at work.

We just finished discussing how laptops can be problematic because you can't tell what a person is doing.  They may be taking notes, but they may also be used for playing games, surfing the internet, etc...this concerned many people in the class.  They didn't like the idea that you can't tell whether or not someone is paying attention.

During this conversation, I was playing Tetris.

*Update*

Highlights from tonight's class: our 60+ year old teacher asked someone what "slammin" meant, as someone else had used that word to describe another student's pants.  The student replied, "Slammin' is like bangin'."  

Yeah, that probably helped him understand it.

Later, someone was talking about thongs.  They meant flip-flops, but the word confused a few other people.  One student chose to enlighten the professor: "That's a girl's underware."

Nice.

**

6 comments:

jenn said...

Good for you. That's probably what I would be doing.

bh said...

why didn't i go to UVSC? we never talked about girl's underwear at BYU...

somebody's parents said...

Playing Tetris is interesting, but were you winning?

More Bacon said...

BH--yeah, you would've had a whole different education at UVSC.

SP--sadly, it was SO boring that I was unable to even focus on my tetris, so I gave up. Then I did some indexing for a while.

Bonny said...

Can I comment on your blog, even though I haven't seen you in years?

I used to call flip-flops thongs, until thongs got popular and people started looking at me strangely.

Jenni said...

I'm guilty too, I never pay attention in Geography ... too many things to surf on the web! Too bad BYU blocks YouTube, then for sure I wouldn't learn!