22 April 2008

Seriously

Even if I wasn't working full time...

Even if I didn't have one million years of calculus left to do in the next four weeks...

Even if I didn't have finals this week...

Even if there wasn't extra family stuff going on...

Even if I wasn't in agonizing neck pain, which apparently cannot be resolved without a serious time/financial investment (more on that to come, I'm sure)...

Even if I were sleeping well...

Even if my room wasn't a gigantic disaster...

Even if the weather had stayed nice enough to have the windows open...


I wouldn't have appreciated the surprise carpet cleaning that I came home to this evening.  I didn't even really get to come home to it right away, since I had to dash back out to take a final.  I was just at my apartment long enough to know how soggy the carpet was, how smelly the apartment was, and to see that my room looked even worse than it had when I left it in the morning, due to the carpet guys tossing my stuff all over the place.  I didn't get back home for another 4 hours after that.  The carpet is still nice and soggy though--I didn't miss much.

This is just one among the many reasons that I am glad that I am moving.  Don't you think your landlord should notify you before something like this happens?  That's just too much to ask of my fine, fine property management company.

4 comments:

somebody's parents said...

Sounds to me like a renter abuse company, not a property management company. Maybe you better check the fine print in the contract...

Hang in there, sounds like things can only go up from here.

But remember - We still love you, eh!!

LL said...

They are required by law to give 24 hour advance notice unless it is an emergency.

I couldn't believe how wet our carpet was after they cleaned it. But I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly it dried. By dinner time it was pretty much dry.

David said...

LL is right they do have to provide 24 hour notice to the residents. Unfortunatly that means if your room mate got it and didn't pass it along they still didn't break the law. That sucks liz I'm sorry.

Michael said...

I love the smell of freshly cleaned carpet. It reminds me of when we were kids and jumping around on all the furniture and just generally enjoying the change pace it provided. One of those smells that has a deep emotional association for me. Weird eh?