30 May 2007

Canaries

I've heard that in the old mining days, they used to take a bird with them (I think a canary) down into the mine. Then, if the bird died, they'd know that the air was bad and they needed to turn around or get out or something. I'm not a miner, but I'm pretty sure that's the basic idea.

So, since the fly situation started, there have been some dead flies, largely because I believe they're too stupid to do much. They are a very strange fly, and they just fly around really slowly and then die, I guess. Anyway, yesterday when I got home from work, ALL the flies were dead. Little fly bodies everywhere. No living flies.

Uhh....

3 comments:

somebody's mother said...

The new roommate, in the kitchen, with a can of raid?

More Bacon said...

I suppose that's possible. I don't smell any chemicals or anything, but I guess it could be...

I haven't died yet, so I figure it's probably okay.

LL said...

That is too funny. Laughed out loud as I pictured you looking around wide-eyed and horrified at the carnage. :-)