Sometimes, friends let you down. It's such a heartbreaker when you think you know someone and they turn out to be someone else altogether. I hate it when I rely so desperately on someone, and then at the critical moment, they flake out.
Case in point: my TiVo. I know, it doesn't seem like a TiVo is a friend, but for me, it is my friend. My best friend, probably. Pathetic? Maybe. But I don't care. We understand each other's needs (it needs to be plugged in, I need television to entertain me...), we respect each other, and we share many memorable experiences.
Tonight, in the middle of watching a show, my TiVo remote stopped working. I was trying to fast forward a commercial and it wouldn't do anything but bring up the time bar. Then, it wouldn't even do that. I tried taking the batteries out of the remote and putting them back in to see if that would help, but nothing. Then, without warning, the TiVo turned itself off. It turned back on and said that it was powering up. Then it said it was installing a service update, and then it rebooted itself again. Now, it says that it is preparing the service update, and that it may take up to an hour, possibly longer. Um, hello?!?!? What's up with that? There are PLENTY of times during a day when it would be okay for it to do this--right now is not one of them!
I was just a few minutes away from the end of a show. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to find out what happens.
I feel so betrayed.
03 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't it funny how, when you didn't have it, you were fine? I mean, it sucked when you missed a show, but whatever. And now that you have it, losing it really blows. When our Tivo stopped working I watched a lot less TV. Maybe that wasn't a bad thing...
It's true--sometimes, I wish I never had TiVo. But then I realize that I love it so much. I suppose it's that way with everything. Like, maybe it's okay to not have kids until you have them, and then you can't imagine giving them up.
Yes, my TiVo is my child... :)
Post a Comment