31 October 2008

Today

Some events from the day:
  • Created a Halloween garland for work.  It turned out pretty cute, amazingly enough, due in large part to huge encouragement from my very creative and artsy coworker.
  • Convinced another coworker that along with the bats we were hanging about the office, we needed one of them to be Batman.  He was totally game, and created a fantastic Batman to hang from the ceiling, which cracked me up every time I saw it during the day.
  • Got good news and bad news about the foster kids I work with: two are SO CLOSE to adoption with their sweet, sweet family, but the other one is headed to yet another placement.  Hopefully, this one will be a perfect fit!
  • Saw three people get arrested.  It was AWESOME.  It's been a good 18 months since I've seen anyone get arrested, so it was nice.  It was a great distraction for the day.  Did much else get accomplished?  No.  But was it fantastic?  YEP!
  • Made mini pumpkin cheesecakes with moderate success.  The cheesecake part is pretty stinking yummy, but I just used vanilla wafers for the crust since I was in a hurry, and they turned out a bit soggy...oh well.  It'll be my contribution to the office Halloween party, and I'll do it differently next time, if there is a next time.
  • Went to the gym and worked hard.  I am already sore.  Good thing, because then tonight I had to sample the mini cheesecakes to make sure they were done and presentable for a public engagement.
  • Bought too much cream for the cheesecakes, so now I have leftovers.  Anyone have any recipes that involve cream and magically erase all of its fat?
  • Heard what was, perhaps, one of the funniest segments in a news story EVER on NPR this evening.  I'll try to find it online so that you can all enjoy it.
Tomorrow is Halloween, one of those holidays that just doesn't do anything for me.  However, there is going to be lunch at work, and that does a lot for me.

2 comments:

Bonny said...

Pumpkin cheesecake?!? Yum!! Can you mail me one?

Shannon said...

The cheesecake sounds yummy though I am not big on pumpkin stuff I love cheesecake. Sounds like a pretty eventful day though.
I don't know any good cream recipes sorry...though..I do know a great soup that uses 1/2 and 1/2...maybe.
I also know a great recipe for pumpkin cake that is really yummy but it doesn't use cream:)