13 October 2008

Celebrations!

Today consists of many excellent things:
  • My sister's birthday.  Her age this year to me signifies a need to go have ice cream.  I may just do that in her honor.  Love ya!!
  • My sister-in-law's birthday.  How awesome is that??  Two of my favorite people celebrated on one special day.  I am delighted that all of those years of having brothers is paying off now--I get sisters-in-law, and I couldn't be happier about it.
  • Columbus Day.  Why does this matter?  Because I get the day off of work paid.  Bet you all wish that you worked for a financial institution. 
  • Shoe shopping with Somebody's Mother.  She has excellent taste, and it's been a while since we've gone shopping.  So fun! 
  • Quick shout out to my Canadian reader(s): Happy Thanksgiving!  I think that you should celebrate today, and on American Thanksgiving too--there's no reason to not celebrate extra!
Tomorrow will be hard, as I am returning from vacation last week (more on that to follow, perhaps), but today, I'm celebrating.

4 comments:

LL said...

Shout that out to your Colombian readers as well. They also celebrate today as a holiday. :-)

More Bacon said...

I actually wondered if today would be a Colombian holiday, and when I was writing this posting, I kept going back and forth between "Columbus" and "Colombus." I liked Colombus better because it was like Colombia, but the computer didn't like that spelling because, apparently, that's not how you spell it. Who knew?

Also, you understood why I wanted to each ice cream on this birthday, right? Dad didn't get it...all my cleverness was wasted...

Upon further reflection, I think that my Colombian readers and my Canadian readers might, in fact, be the same people, except for one. I don't seem to have a very international readership. Whatever will I do...

LL said...

Ah, no, I didn't get it at first. But then later I DID get it. So it wasn't wasted, just delayed.

We don't have Baskin Robbins here. :-(

More Bacon said...

You don't have Baskin Robbins?!?!? Wisconsin is America's Dairyland--you should have every kind of ice cream there!

I'm deeply disappointed in the state of Wisconsin... They'd better have some really good ice cream at some other places to make up for it!