10 October 2007

Friends

I have decided that one great test of a great friend is how well a conversation goes with the friend when it has been a while since you've seen them.

Cases in point: last weekend, on my way to Vegas, I stopped in St George to see an old friend. We email some, but hardly ever see each other. But every time I see her, it never fails--it is like no time has passed at all. It's just like two wonderful friends who see each other all the time. It's fantastic.

Then, last night, I got a phone call from my other best friend who has been on a mission. She and I are both HORRIBLE letter writers (well, in truth, we both WRITE letters fine, but don't mail them...) so we hardly wrote during her mission.

However, when she called last night, you wouldn't have guessed that 18 months had gone by. It was just like old times.

It's so wonderful to have friends who can pick right back up even when you've been a lame hoser and haven't talked to them!!!

4 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

It's such a true gauge of a friendship! And history makes it a lot of fun, too.

LL said...

True true true. That is how things are for me and Shannon. I enjoy my new friendships, but it is sure nice to talk to an old friend that knows you and loves you anyway. :-) How is Kimmy doing?

More Bacon said...

She's doing so great. She's actually moving up to Salt Lake in January to go to a culinary arts school. She's pretty excited. I'm excited to have her closer!!

Yeah, I was thinking about you and Shannon when I wrote that.

Lani said...

I've got friends like that too. Love 'em!! :-) Just last week I got a phone call from someone I was friends with (and dated) like ten years ago! We talked as though no time had passed. So fun!