20 September 2007

Dear World

Dear Truck Owner:

I am very sorry that I had to have your truck towed from my parking space tonight. Truly, I didn't want to, and I feel bad that it's so expensive.

However, tenants are not supposed to park in visitor parking, and people have been towed from visitor parking overnight--I can't afford to pay for my car getting towed when I have a perfectly good parking space that I paid for.

I did try to figure out whose car it was, and I waited, hoping that you would come back to claim it.

If it's any consolation, every person who saw me out there with the tow truck took the opportunity to tell me I was horrible for doing it.

Really, very sorry about the whole thing. I hope that whoever bought you that very nice truck is also willing to pay to get it out of tow-land.

Best wishes on all your future parking,

Liz

3 comments:

LL said...

People told you that you were horrible for doing it? Shame on them. In Provo, there just isn't much you can do. Those tow trucks just stalk you...

IzeOfLight said...

Totally lame that people were hating on for doing something ANYONE IN ANY OTHER CITY would have no issues doing. The entitlement issue so many kids deal with here is ridiculous. I admit, I parked in a reserved stall today for literally one minute as I dropped something off, but I knew I faced the chance of getting towed or booted. It's just the way it goes. At least you don't have two parking places with VISITOR painted underNEATH your numbers. We get people parking in our spots all the time. And I'm sure we'll tow one of these days, too, so we won't be the only hated people in the complex.

bh said...

lets all remember what happened to a certain guy's apartment when he had someone towed....slashed tires. watch out liz. and, silly laura, you don't live in any other city now. - you live in zion where everyone is above the law.