My apartment complex has assigned parking stalls. Most of the stalls are marked with an apartment number, and there are a few marked "visitor" for visitors, one can only imagine.
A few weeks ago, they (the mystery apartment people? The HOA? I have no idea...) came and painted "30 minute" above each stall marked "visitor" and then a tow truck made circles around the parking lot for the next few days.
No one appreciated this new development. People whined and complained, but I thought that the complaining was happening just to each other. However, apparently, someone complained to the powers that be, and about a week after the 30 minute was painted onto all the stalls, they came back and painted black over it so you can't see it anymore.
Poor planning? Yeah...I'm thinking that's it.
But seriously, who thought that 30 minute visitor parking was a good idea? Who is going to drive all the way to see me and stay less than 30 minutes? I think that the tow guy just wanted more money.
However, upon further contemplation, one wonders if the 30 minutes was a good idea--that could keep people that you really DON'T want to spend time with from coming over. Sadly, people who drive down to see me are usually people I want to spend lots of time with, so this doesn't get me anywhere.
08 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If I came to visit you, I'd stay more than 30 minutes.
Thanks!
And I would TOTALLY want you guys to stay more than 30 minutes. The only people I can think of that 30 minute parking would really work for would be like, my pizza delivery guy. He doesn't need to stay.
Post a Comment