23 September 2007

Playing the Questions Game...

Disclaimer: I started this posting approximately 100 years ago. I apologize for never finishing it. Here it is, in all it's glory: 5 questions that were posed to me for my blog.

Sorry for the long wait. I should have made it more exciting to make up for it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What would be your ideal job? Who would be your boss? Who would be your coworkers?

Um, not working? Is that a job? That would be awesome.

Truly, I suppose that right now I think my ideal job (besides not working) would be having my own business. I didn't used to want to do that--I've never felt super entrepreneurial, but I want to have a business where I can help people. It'll be a cute office where we'll be a center for helping people help themselves--financial counseling and classes, legal aid, English language, etc. If people have a need, we'll help them achieve their goals. My coworkers would all be awesome...main requirement? Not wrapping my desk in aluminum foil. I've had that happen in the past, and it wasn't my favorite. I don't know who the coworkers would be. Actually, since it's an ideal job and not real, yeah, there are a couple of people who I've worked with in the past that I'd love to work with again, so I guess them. And my sister, if we could get our geography figured out. She could do the law stuff.

2. You have $10,000 to spend on upgrades to your current car. How would you pimp your ride?



Uh, $10,000 is a lot to pimp my ride. I guess I would like a stereo that my iPod could just sit in and be super compatible with. How much would it cost to make it into a hybrid or an electric car or something? That'd be cool. I was reading the other day about an electric car that can charge like 80% of its battery in just 4-6 minutes, so that's totally feasible. If that's in the budget, then I'd do that. But if not, then I guess I'd reupholster the seats, and get a new steering wheel cover. And an air freshener.



3. What does everyone you meet immediately know about you? What is something that most people that know you would never guess about you? What is something that your friends know but your family doesn't know?



Everyone who meets me probably immediately knows that I am loud and have a loud laugh. The thing that people who know me would probably never guess is that I am very, strangely, painfully shy. I am super uncomfortable meeting new people and my favorite things to do are just sit at home and bum around with just a couple of people.



Something my friends know that my family doesn't...hmm, hard to think of, and then difficult even then because most of the people who read this blog are my family, so then they'll know! :) But truly, it's a hard question because I probably tell my family more than I tell my friends. If there's anything my friends know about me that my family doesn't, it's that I always stay longer than I mean to--I stay up way too late, I stay after things way too long...I linger. And I don't mean to--I just get distracted. Especially with certain people. I just like being with them, so I stay. And then, naturally, I regret it later, but...



4. You have 6 months to travel and an unlimited budget. Describe your trip. (That wasn't a question...hmmm...describe your trip? There we go...)

Unlimited budget? Super. I pick up my sister and her family and we hit all the great locations. First, we go to Petra before it blows away. Then we see Egypt--pyramids are fun! Then I want to see everything in Europe. I have a HUGE list of things in Europe that I want to see. We would do all of that. I would also love to go to Alaska, but before we do that, we have to pick up my mom and dad. Since we're up there and we have mom and dad, then we hit the Canadian Rockies.

Then we get all the rest of the family (unless they wanted to come on the first part too--I guess since I have an unlimited budget, it'd be free for them, so maybe they'd be game) and we take a big Caribbean cruise to the exotic locations. And we get massages and pedicures. (I just really would like a pedicure right now.) The massages would be for everyone else--I'm not into that.

Then, we finish in Disneyland, which is definitely the happiest place on earth. I love it there. So fun.

Also, since we had an unlimited budget, during all of these travels we purchased lots of clothing and home furnishings. That way, when we get home, we still have lots of fun stuff.



5. What is your shower routine? If you're really in a hurry, what do you skip? What do you occasionally forget to do?

First, I turn on the shower. I get my hair wet, and then shampoo. Then wash face, then rinse face and hair. Then conditioner, and then wash body while conditioner...conditions. Then shave legs. Then rinse all, then get all the hair off the shower wall (because that's where I put it when it falls out...don't want to gross out a roommate). Then lotion and clothes.

Quite often, I skip shaving my legs. Especially since my shaving accident. I'm blond, so I can get away with it. Or I think I can get away with it.

I don't usually forget anything, but I often think that I forgot to rinse out my hair. But fortunately, I almost always did. That is gross. If you've ever forgotten to rinse out your hair, you know what I mean.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Leave me a comment saying, "I too am an egomaniac."2. I'll respond by asking you up to five questions. You will answer them, because you like talking about yourself.3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you posted this! Just this morning I was thinking 'that hoser...' :-)

IzeOfLight said...

I thought I was the only one who put hair on the shower wall, and then freaked out, making sure to get it off so as not to terrify the roomie! I've cleaned out too many drains to let my hair slide on down that drain. Ew!

So thanks for the laugh, Liz. And for making me feel like I'm not alone.

Lani said...

Isn't blogger such a wonderful world for us folks who have a much easier time speaking in WRITING (at least that's how it is for me)? Power to the shy people!! So fun to learn more about you, Liz!! :-)

LL said...

I thought of something last night that I'd pimp my ride with, if they made it. A button that would change the light green. Holy cow - one light after another, some of them it took several cycles to get through. Not if I had my magic button...