27 June 2007

I am glad for many things

Okay, here's the list of things that are making me happy:

Dead bird count so far today: 1. Why does that make me happy? I guess it could have been 2 or 3.

Tender mercies. Sometimes, Heavenly Father kind of gives you hints about something that's coming up so that you're not so totally shocked. That happened over the last few days, and last night it came in very handy.

Strawberries. A couple of weeks ago at Costco, I got some strawberries, but somehow they didn't get on the cart so they didn't get home with me. It was sad, and I've wanted strawberries ever since. Last night I had some. I can tell it's getting toward the end of awesome strawberry time, but they were still pretty good.

Gorgeous nephews. 'Nuff said.

Empty apartments. My roommate suddenly moved out on Monday, so now I'm living alone again. I'm not really getting to enjoy it yet because I'm still watching my parents' house, but I intend to do some enjoying of that very soon.

Full apartments. I found a place to live this week, and roommates to live with. It all happened really fast, but I'm excited about it, and I'm excited to have roommates again. They're great girls, so I'm pretty happy about it.

Theater. I'm going to see Les Miserables this weekend, and I could not be more excited. There is a production of it happening up in Salt Lake, and I'm seeing the Saturday matinee. Everyone who has seen it says it's incredible.

Hires. (See above)

Patient manager who lets me come and go as I need to to get things done in my personal life. How did I get so lucky to get such a great job?!?!?

Chapstick. Seriously, one of the greatest things in the world. My lips would be all dry and cracked ALL the time without it.

Email. What a lovely way to have communication without having to use the telephone. I'm not a big phone talker, so I love email.

Veggies that you buy in a bag that you toss in the microwave and they steam themselves! This is the most amazing thing I have discovered in a long time, and it's totally saving lots of time for dinner prep.

In-sink-erator. Why is that what the garbage disposal is called? I don't know, but I love it. I get the giggles all the time about it.

Giggles in general.

Quirky neighbors. I am doing my visiting teaching tonight, and the girl that I visit teach is about to go out of town to a comic-convention. She has costumes. She dresses up for these. I think it is adorable and hilarious. I've never known these kinds of people in real life. In fact, she and her roommate met on a mailing list for Sailor Moon fan fiction. How great is that?!?!? I think it's the funniest stuff I ever hear.

Fresca. I just think it's tasty.

Healing bodies. My sunburn seems to have turned a corner overnight. It's a bit paler today than it has been, and it's not quite as painful. How amazing that my body is able to recover from sooooo many of the things that I do to it!!

Smiling babies. I was with this 5 month old baby yesterday who was born 10 weeks premature, and he's just adorable. He's quite small, but last night he was managing to get some smiles out. How tough is he?? Babies come out right so much of the time. Even being 10 weeks early, he still is very healthy. It's a miracle.

Love. Love of all kinds. Love makes us better people. Love helps us overcome our selfishness and look outside to see what we can do to help those we love. The world moves for love.


See? I can make a list of things I'm glad for!!! Are there things that are irritating? Sure. But today, I'm trying to focus on the other things.

1 comment:

somebody's parents said...

We are happy you are glad. In fact, we are very glad you are ours.