26 June 2007

Everybody hurts

Random list of things that are making me hurt in one way or another this morning:

Sunburn. Ouch. Would feel better topless, but that's not really an option. The worst part is that it's just the tops and top-back of my shoulders, but everything I wear rubs against it. Put aloe on last night and laid on my stomach for a while before I put on my PJs. Good thing I am staying at mom and dad's where there is aloe. They also have aloe with lidocane (that's probably not how you spell that) in it, but I am very afraid of that stuff, so I'm sticking with the aloe. I don't have aloe at home because I NEVER GET SUNBURNED!! (Not because it's impossible, but because I wear sunscreen!!)

Lost at cards last night. Lost pretty badly, actually. Well, not as bad as other nights, but after Sunday night's glory, it was a stinging defeat. Ended on a good hand though.

People who mistreat their two year old. I swear, the more I find out, the more ready I am to pack him into the car with me and take him home. What would I do with him? Not sure. But I bet I'd be at least as good at taking care of him as his family, even being at work all day.

People at work who think that their lack of preparation constitutes an emergency on my part. It doesn't. And I try so hard to be patient, and it's killing me! Some of my employees are little brats! The thing that is making me hurt in this situation is my own inability to fix it. Why are they so #%@# lazy?!?!? Will it never matter what I do?!?!?

My knee. What is up with that? Need to go for a walk today, but don't want to because of my knee. Will go anyway, naturally (don't worry, parents!)

The fact that my sister is far, far away and in need. Could I help? Probably not. But it hurts that I can't even try.


I'm whiny today, huh? Sorry. Later, I'll work on a post of things that are delighting me today. I'm just going to have to work harder for that one. But I know there are things.

No comments: